Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
May 9, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: Brandon Halcomb, Kathy Anderson, Sara Arens, Nancy Cooper, Chris Norwood, Trevor Davenport, Nedra Segal, Dave Carter, Bryan Brockbank, Pat Kennedy, Jodi Deer
Approval of previous minutes: Jodi motions to accept the April meeting minutes, Pat seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Comments from guests:
- The Weatherfords (new owners of 1801 S. Ashton)
- Questions about the backyard, drainage, property line. They were given the phone number of someone at the city to answer their questions.
- They plan to do some exterior work and were informed of changes that needed HOA approval.
President’s Report/Maintenance Report:
- Pool: The pool opens on Saturday, 5/14
- A light was replaced in the deep end
- The coping/caulking still needs repaired
- Pool chairs were power washed
- New life rings were purchased
- Fountain: The pump at the fountain is having issues. Dennis Cyr is working on it.
- Flowers and mulch will be put in next week.
- The area in the pool gates will be finished this week before pool opening.
- The holly bushes at the entrance will be examined and pruned by someone from the Botanical Gardens to see if they are still growing.
- East Entrance: Brandon is having a soil sample tested to see why the grass isn’t growing. We will look at our options after we receive information.
- Sprinklers: The sprinkler system needs to be checked. Jodi volunteered to help Brandon walk around and check the sprinklers.
- The retaining wall behind the pool will be looked at and repaired if possible
- Blue Peak:
- Work continues around the neighborhood. Brandon has checked in with the supervisors and contractors. They have assured us that they will repair damage to yards.
- After work is completed, the HOA will message residents about how to report their issues to Blue Peak.
- Brandon has Blue Peak to come out and give us an estimate on cameras for the clubhouse and entrances.
- Monthly Financial Summary:
- HOA Dues are left to collect: 1
- Normal expenses for the month
- Pat motions to accept the monthly financial summary, Bryan seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Social Committee: no reports
Welcome Committee: no reports
Pool opening-May 14
- Loose brick on the side of the clubhouse: Brandon will ask a bricklayer to come and repair.
- 1709 S. Ashton-fence color
- Residents have asked to gray wash their back wooden fence. We will encourage them to check with their neighbors before painting.
- We need to amend the covenants to include information regarding fences, including that black fences need to remain black.
- 3236 Charleston Court
- Submitted plans for a retaining wall. This was approved via email.
Adjourn: Bryan motions to adjourn at 6:37pm, Sara seconds. All in favor, none opposed.