October 2023 Board Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
October 9, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: Nedra Segal, Nancy Cooper, Kathy Anderson, Sara Arens, Bryan Brockbank, Jared Starks, Brandon Halcomb
Approval of previous minutes: Nedra motions to approve September meeting minutes. Nancy seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Comments from guests:
- David Conway: Brought the issue of a wrecked vehicle, RV, and boat in driveways for longer than the approved time. The board will contact the residents before further action is taken. Also would like to know when meeting notes would be updated on the website. Sara will work on updating the website.
- Debbie Schaller: Came to hear neighborhood Halloween plans and to ask for the board to post updated TV instructions in the clubhouse.
President’s Report/Maintenance Report:
- No updates to report.
- Reminder that next Board meeting will be 11/6 and the annual meeting will be 11/13.
- Monthly Financial Summary: Jared motions to approve the monthly financial summary, Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Social Committee: none
Welcome Committee: none
- Private swimming lesson-commercial activity: Trevor will have an update at the Annual Meeting on 11/13.
- Annual Meeting: 11/13 at 6:00pm at the clubhouse
- Christmas parties: Nedra motions to approve $600 budget for each party, Kathy seconds. Al in favor, none opposed.
- Sara will contact Santa to plan for family party.
- Adult party will be held on the evening of 12/2.
Halloween: No signs will be posted and no police will be hired.
Chick-Fil-a: Food truck no longer available.
Clubhouse window tint:
- Resident requests clubhouse windows be tinted to lower utility bills.
- Estimate $3500 from Don Evans. Brandon will follow up and determine which windows need tinting and how dark they will be.
- Nancy motions to tint the windows, Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
2024 Proposed Budget
- Items on next year’s Capital Improvements:
- lighting at E entrance
- paint the pool fence
- security cameras
- repair rock wall at the corner of Culpepper and Old Forest.
- repair/replace blue tiles in the pool.
Adjourn: meeting adjourned at 6:40pm