October 2023 Board Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
October 10, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: David Carter, Chris Norwood, Bryan Brockbank, Trevor Davenport, Brandon Halcomb, Kathy Anderson, Nedra Segal, Sara Arens, Nancy Cooper
Approval of previous minutes: Nedra motions to approve the September meeting minutes, Trevor seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Comments from guests: No guests
President’s Report/Maintenance Report:
- Pecan Grove sprinklers have been fixed.
- The Pecan Grove has been seeded with fescue.
- The Clubhouse was sprayed by Hansen Pest Control.
- Sara motions to approve the Monthly Financial Summary, Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Social Committee: Sara will contact Santa Hugh to schedule a day for a family holiday party. Trevor motions to approve $600 social budget for holiday party, Dave seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Welcome Committee: There are some new residents, but they have not been visited.
- Yards/flower beds violations: Pat and Kathy reached out to residents and the issues have been fixed.
- Annual Meeting-November 14th: The annual meeting will be Monday, Nov 14 at 6:00pm. The monthly board meeting will be Nov 7 at 6:00pm.
- Water leak: There is a water leak in the Garden Homes. Neighborhood sprinkler system is leaking into a home and flooded parts of the house. The sprinkler system runs under that house. It has been repaired but may go against HOA insurance. Possible costs to the HOA will a $2500 deductible. The board approves paying the cost of the deductible and moving forward with repairs.
- Nominating Committee: Nancy will check with Cookie, Angie and Pam to see if they are willing to serve as the nominating committee again this year. Current board members should contact the nominating committee. Sara will send out information to residents interested in joining the board. The deadline for board nominations will be October 30, 2022. Nancy motions to appoint a nominating committee, Nedra 2nds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Kids Christmas party: See Social Committee Notes
- Halloween: The board agrees to not post signs at the entrance or hire police on Halloween night. Sara will send out communication to residents about Halloween and possible hours for trick-or-treating.
Adjourn: Bryan motions to adjourn at 6:26pm, Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.