November 2021 Board Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
November 8, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: Brandon Halcomb, Kathy Anderson, Nedra Segal, Chris Norwood, Nancy Cooper, Trevor Davenport, Sara Arens, Pat Kennedy, Bryan Brockbank
Approval of previous minutes: Trevor motions to approve the October meeting minutes. Bryan seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Comments from guests: none
President’s Report/ Maintenance Report:
- Clubhouse Staining: We are on the list to get the outside of the clubhouse stained. We are coordinating with their schedule and the weather.
- Neighborhood Issues:
- The bushes on Palmetto have been cleared
- The trailer on Savannah has been moved
Monthly Financial Summary:
- No unusual expenses.
- Invoices for 2022 Dues will be sent out the day before Thanksgiving. They are due January 1. They are considered late, and will incur a late fee on March 1.
- Nedra motions to approve the November financial statement. Chris seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Social Committee: no report
Welcome Committee: no report
- Annual meeting will be 11/15 at 6:00.
- Sara will send reminder in email and the newsletter. Brandon will provide a google meet link for a virtual option.
Drainage behind Garden Homes/Cypress Mill
- Received an estimate of $3000 from Wynn Landscaping.
- Brandon will contact Mike (new construction on 19th) to ensure that the drainage plans work with the new construction/timeline.
- Pat motions to approve plans to use Wynn Landscaping work on the drainage. Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Kids Christmas party
- Holiday party will be 12/11 at 2:00 in the clubhouse.
- Hugh Merrill will come as Santa. His fee is by donation. The board agrees to donate $150 to him.
- Sara will send an evite to get an estimate of guests to plan for craft and food items.
2022 Capital improvements/2022 Proposed budget:
- Brandon shared the 2022 Improvements/Budget and these will be presented at the annual meeting.
- Regular expenses are the same, except for an increase in expenses for pool chemicals.
- Ideas shared for capital improvements: another sunshade at the pool or playground, add a keycard system at the pool/fitness room
- Pat motions to approve the 2022 proposed budget. Trevor seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Adjourn: Bryan motions to adjourn at 6:39pm. Trevor seconds. All in favor, none opposed.