November 2021 Annual Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA General Meeting
November 15, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse and via Google Meet
Introduction of Board Members
Current Improvements and Updates
- Pool coping was replaced in late spring. This was a big expense, but had not been done in the last 15 years.
- Cooper Locksmith replaced the lock on the front door to a new system.
- The clubhouse concrete porches were stained and the clubhouse doors were painted.
- The sprinkler system was maintained and repairs made as needed.
- Bagworms and Army worms were treated in the 6 acres of green space.
- Landscaping was done after freeze and ice storm damage.
- Rock work is being done to help with retention and erosion control in the garden homes.
- The clubhouse exterior will be stained.
- One new home was built in the Garden Homes, and we approved plans for a new home at the end of Shiloh.
- We still have one year left on our lawn care contract, but we will begin looking at landscaping companies/lawn care in January 2022.
- There were a few covenant issues in 2021, but all residents have been receptive to HOA requests.
- 2021 Budget
- All dues were paid in 2021.
- All expenses are the same except the pool chemicals, which increased in August 2021.
- 2022 Proposed Budget
- Cost of pool chemicals is adjusted after 2021 increase.
- Electric and Water bills will go up for 18 months. Gas will go up for 20 years.
- 2022 Proposed Capital Improvements
- The following items have been suggested as 2022 improvements: park benches around the playground, another sunshade at the pool or playground, security cameras at the entrances and clubhouse.
- Social Committee
- We had a 4th of July Cookout
- We had a SnoCone night before Back to School
- There will be a Holiday Party in December
- In 2022, we hope to have more events including a movie night at the pool.
- We are still looking for more people who want to help, plan, and organize at social events.
- Welcome Committee
- We welcomed around 25 new families to the neighborhood this year.
Questions and Comments:
- Can we consider getting stop signs placed at neighborhood intersections?
- We will have to contact the city to do a traffic study.
- Construction on 19th Updates
- The neighborhood being built on 19th will be 9 lots and they are not connected or a part of Berry Creek. There are 4 new lots at the west end of Cypress Mill that may be built on in the future. The plans show a cul-de-sac/turn around at the end of Cypress Mill. The HOA will need to discuss bringing the 4 lots in the Berry Creek at a later date.
Adjourn: The meeting was adjourned at 6:21pm.