November 2019 Board Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
November 11, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: Brandon Halcomb, Chris Norwood, David Conway, Don Hansen, Kathy Anderson, Nancy Cooper, Nedra Segall, Pat Kennedy, Rod Billings, Ryan Miller , Sara Arens
Welcome new board members: Chris Norwood, Rod Billings and Ryan Miller
Approval of previous minutes: David makes a motion to approve October minutes, Kathy seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Comments from guests: No guests
- A+ Glass will tint the windows at the guard shack.
- AAA installed a French drain near the pool gate. They also cleaned up the entrance landscaping and added more mulch.
- The annual HOA meeting was November 4. 33 residents attended.
- Brandon presented the board with 2 options for treadmills to replace one clubhouse treadmill before winter. Both treadmills are from Push, Pedal and Pull (who currently service our equipment). Kathy motions to purchase the Precor treadmill. Pat seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- New clubhouse tables have been ordered and will be delivered in approximately 10 days.
- Monthly Financial Summary has been posted on the webpage.
- Nedra motions to accept the November financial statement, Pat seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- We are still seeking members for the social committee.
- No report
- The 2019 reserve fund CD will be purchased in December 2019 or January 2020.
- The Board reviewed the 2020 budget. Nedra motions to approve the 2020 budget. Don seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- HOA Dues Invoices will be mailed in early December.
- Current late fee is a one-time fee of $50 if dues not paid in full by March 1.
- Board discussed the need to increase late fees to encourage on time payments. Dave motions to change late fee policy to: “After March 1, a $50 fee will be added each month until the balance is paid in full.” Pat seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Results of 2020 Board Member election
- Kathy Anderson presented the results from the Board Member election.
- Pat motions to approve the results of the election, Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
3010 W. Wellington
- The covenants state that all new paint colors should be approved by the HOA Board.
- The new color at this address was not approved by the board.
- Brandon will visit the residence again and discuss their options.
- A reminder will be sent with HOA Invoices that all changes to homes (fences, paint colors, play structures, etc.) must be approved by the HOA Board.
Election of Officers for 2020
- President: Nancy nominates Brandon Halcomb for president. Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Vice President: Nedra nominates David Conway for vice president. Kathy seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Secretary: Nedra nominates Sara Arens for secretary. Rod seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Treasurer: Nancy nominates Kathy Anderson for treasurer. Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Adjourn: Sara motions to end the meeting at 7:22pm. Pat seconds. All in favor, none opposed.