March 2019 Board Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
March 11, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: Brandon Halcomb, Nancy Cooper, Lyle Testerman, Don Hansen, Nedra Segal, Pat Kennedy, Sara Arens, Rick Dearinger
Meeting begins at 6:05pm
Approval of previous minutes: Pat motions to accept the February minutes, Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Comments from guests: No guests
- Meeting with Gary Shann. This is the last year of our 3 year contract with Shann Landscaping. He is finishing the spraying. Discussed keeping up the retention pond, landscaping at the entrances.
- Fitness equipment has been serviced and repaired. Some parts could not be replaced on original equipment. Treadmill on the north side, near the door, is making a noise. The motor is starting to wear out. Replacing it would cost approximately $3000-$4000. They will be back in June to maintain equipment.
- Clubhouse guttering has been allocated $1900 in budget. Estimates came in at $1700 and $1200 for guttering and leaf guard. We will use Precision Guttering & Drains (from Perkins) for $1200 for clubhouse guttering and leaf guard.
- Landscaping for Shiloh Creek Island: $377 for water meter (for irrigation) to be placed on Shiloh creek island.
- Lawyer has filed paperwork to terminate declarant rights from Mike Ebert (who was designated in previous HOA Covenants and By-Laws)
- Board has sent a letter sent to resident to have rock removed from lot by May 1.
- The February financial report was presented.
- 6 homes left to pay HOA dues. Invoices were sent to residents stating that residents are not in good standing and will not be permitted to use clubhouse and pool.
- Lyle approves March financials, Pat seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Social Committee: Garage Sale will be Saturday, April 27 from 8-12pm. Sara will schedule pickup from Saver’s Thrift. Sara will contact members on sign-up genius to discuss Easter Egg hunt. (Saturday before Easter is booked with town activities)
Welcome Committee: new residents in the Garden Homes have been visited.
Approve the affirmative vote/written consent of the voting members for the Amended Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions for Berry Creek: New Covenants and By-Laws passed with 87.6% positive votes. Brandon asks if the board will approve the vote. Pat motions to certify and approve the affirmative vote/written consent of the voting members for the Amended Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions for Berry Creek. Sara seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
The new covenants and by-laws will become official when recorded with the county clerk. Brandon will sign and notarize and submit them to the clerk.
Filing fee approx. $90-100
We will post a call for emails/letters for people that are interested in joining the board.
Adjourn: Brandon calls to adjourn 7:17pm, Rick seconds. All in favor, none opposed.