June 2021 Board Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
June 14, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: Nancy Cooper, Chris Norwood, Kathy Anderson, Nedra Segal, Trevor Davenport, Sara Arens, Brandon Halcomb, David Carter, Jodi Deer
Approval of previous minutes: Trevor motions to approve May minutes, Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Comments from guests: No guests
President’s Report/ Maintenance Report:
- There are still a few sprinkler heads that need repaired. Brandon has replaced some. We will ask Thrive Landscaping to come out and look at the others.
- Bandit Mowing will be allowing the grass to go a bit longer between mowing to allow it to get greener and thicker. We are still working with them to treat weeds.
- Powell Trees will come to look and remove large limb on a pecan tree on the south end of the grove.
- We received a $1200 estimate from Bandit Mowing to work on the drainage area behind the Garden Homes. We will get another estimate before voting to approve the work.
- Bagworms need to be treated. Brandon will contact Peak Pest Services.
- Fitness Equipment servicing needs to be scheduled.
- Pool repairs:
- 2 valves were repaired before opening the pool ($1000 expense)
- A light needs repaired. Pristine Pools will come out to look at the lights.
- Monthly Financial Summary includes usual expenses. Also includes pool and sprinkler parts.
- Nedra motions to accept Monthly Financial Summary, Trevor seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Movers and Shakers have resumed their in-person potluck meals/gatherings on the last Sunday of the month. Look for emails and information on “Life at Berry Creek” Facebook page.
- Lacy Theieson (resident) who owns POP balloon decorating has volunteered to donate decorations for the clubhouse and/or pool for the 4th of July. Nancy will contact her to arrange decorations.
- Sara will follow up with an ice cream truck for an HOA sponsored event near the end of the summer.
- The Welcoming Committee has visited 3 new families that moved in during May.
Old Business: none
- Question regarding weeds in sidewalk cracks. It is up to the homeowners to treat. If you see weeds along common area sidewalks, contact the board.
- Idea for capital improvements: Is it possible to extend playground equipment or add swings?
Adjourn: 6:17pm. Trevor motions to adjourn, Sara seconds. All in favor, none opposed.