January 2019 Board Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
January 14, 2019 at 7:00pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: Brandon Halcomb, Nancy Cooper, Rick Dearinger, Don Hansen, Lyle Testerman, Sara Arens, Pat Kennedy, Nedra Segall
Approval of previous minutes: Approval of December minutes. Lyle motions to accept, Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Comments from guests: None
- Clubhouse fireplace has been repaired. The on/off switch is located inside the screen. The chimney was also inspected.
- A set of hooks has been requested in the exercise room.
- Nancy has posted the monthly report and the CPA reports on-line.
- Sara will post neighborhood garage sale dates in
- Sara is stepping down as the social committee chair. Nancy will continue to coordinate game lunches and other adult events. A new chair will be needed to organize family events for Easter, Halloween, and Christmas. Sara will create a new sign up genius for neighborhood committees.
- One new resident was visited on Montera.
- Landscaping will begin in a few weeks. 1 tree and benches will be put near the playground. 2 trees will be planted at entrance island and one at gatehouse. Total landscaping cost is $2542. Nedra motions to approve landscaping budget, Rick seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Fitness repair estimate presented at the December meeting. Sara motions to approve $740 to repair fitness room equipment. Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Vote to
invest 2018 reserve:
- Suggested idea to invest the $15,000 reserve fund from 2018 so that it can earn interest.
- Pat motions to invest the money in a 1 year CD. The board suggests using Bank First, since the HOA account is with them. Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
for SMORE subscription:
- Sara requests a reimbursement for the website subscription used to make the neighborhood newsletters. Requested amount is $79 for the year.
- Nedra motions to approve reimbursement for previous year, and future expenses. Don seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
of new officers:
- New by-laws require 5-11 board members to be appointed.
- Brandon will contact board members not present to see if they are still interested in board positions.
- After our February meeting, we will check to see if any other residents are interested in positions.
- Current positions:
- President: Nancy nominates Brandon Halcomb. Don seconds. Brandon accepts nomination. All in favor, none opposed.
- Vice-President: Don nominates Nedra Segall. Pat seconds. Nedra accepts nomination. All in favor, none opposed.
- Secretary: Nedra nominates Sara Arens. Don seconds. Sara accepts nomination. All in favor, none opposed.
- Treasurer: Nedra nominates Nancy Cooper. Don seconds. Nancy accepts nomination. All in favor, none opposed.
Lyle motions to adjourn at 7:06pm, Sara seconds. All in favor, none opposed.