February 2023 Board Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
February 13, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: Trevor Davenport, Scott Billlings, Pat Kennedy, Brandon Halcomb, Kathy Anderson, Nedra Segal, Nancy Cooper, Sara Arens, David Carter
Approval of previous minutes: Nedra motions to approve December meeting minutes, Kathy seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Comments from guests:
- Les and Deanna Little came to answer any questions about new construction on Shiloh. New owners will be their aunt and uncle from South Dakota.
- Current floor plan is 3700 sq. ft.
- Construction will possibly begin in April.
- Nedra motions to approve the floor plans as long as they meet the requirements for square feet and other covenants, Scott seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
President’s Report/ Maintenance Report:
- Trevor and Brandon built shelving in the clubhouse storage room.
- Fitness room equipment was serviced on December 20.
- The pecan grove and trees along 19th were trimmed.
- December and January Finance reports were shared.
- 169 annual dues have been collected. 31 are left.
- Sara will post a reminder on Facebook that late fees will start on March 1.
- Trevor motions to accept December and January financial summaries, Pat seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Social Committee: no reports
Welcome Committee: no reports
Old Business: none
- Patio/porch coating at Clubhouse:
- Copperhead Coatings quoted $3000 for a textured surface for the pool patio and entrance of the clubhouse. They can be applied before the pool season.
- Kathy motions to approve to new surfacing, Pat seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Keathy landscaping sent a quote to update landscaping, including shrubbery at the clubhouse and both entrances.
- Quote is for approximately $7000 for removal of dead plants and new bushes/plants.
- Pat motions to approve $7000 (+/- 500) for landscaping, Sara seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Electronic locks for pool/fitness room:
- We have been working with Cooper Locksmith for a card reader system. Locks would be double-sided on the pool gate and another lock on the fitness room door.
- Each household would get 2 cards.
- Cost $6662 includes locks, installation and key cards.
- Pat motions to go approve the project, Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- House plans-3015 W. Shiloh Creek: see Guest notes
- Discussion on Amendment One to Exhibit B, Leasing of Units:
- Amendment is needed to the covenants to add details to leases, AirBNB type rentals, and other short-term rental situations.
- We will need to survey residents to get input on their preferences.
- Brandon, Pat, and Sara will work on a survey and we will discuss more at the next meeting.
Next meeting moved to March 20, 2023
Adjourn: Sara motions to adjourn at 7:15pm, Nedra seconds. All in favorm none opposed.