December 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
December 10, 2018 at 6:00pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: Brandon Halcomb, Nancy Cooper, Rick Dearinger, Don Hansen, Lyle Testerman, Sara Arens, Pat Kennedy.
Approval of previous minutes:
- Due to the number of board members present at November meeting, all voting was postponed until this meeting.
- Lyle motions to approve October and November meeting minutes, Nancy seconds. All approve, none opposed.
Comments from guests: None
- Kathy Anderson will now schedule clubhouse reservations. Please contact her with any issues. Brandon will make a second set of keys to the clubhouse/pool area for Kathy.
- Insurance (State Farm) for HOA went up to $6680. There are some questions about some areas covered. Brandon will call and clarify. Don motions to accept insurance policy, Lyle seconds. All approve, none opposed.
- Clubhouse fireplace isn’t lighting, possibly due to a frayed wire. It will be serviced this month.
- Pat motions to approve December report, Brandon seconds. All approve, none opposed.
- Christmas Party will be held on December 14 from 6-8. Caroling will begin around 6:30. RSVPs were requested to see if there was interest.
- No report
- Fall landscaping:
- Evergreen Landscaping will start at the beginning of the new year.
- 2019 Budget:
- The finalized budget has been posted on the website. As of today, 2019 dues collected from 38 homes.
- Fitness Equipment:
- Equipment was serviced (all the machines) by Push Pedal Pull in Tulsa. Cost $275. Preventative maintenance. Equipment is in good shape. With maintenance, it will last a few more years. Service suggested several equipment repairs for machines.
- Push Pedal Pull quoted a biannual equipment servicing cost for $540. Lyle motions to pay for biannual servicing of equipment, Rick seconds. All approve, none opposed.
- Suggested repairs (labor and travel) totaling $736.69. HOA will review repair suggestions next month.
- Possible ideas: place a sign-in at clubhouse gym to track usage and to give a place for people to post issues.
- Vote to approve or disapprove the proposed governing documents and set a voting date for January 28, 2019:
- Current bylaws in place allow for the HOA Board to amend bylaws with a vote.
- Pat motions to adopt proposed bylaws, Rick seconds. All in favor, none opposed. The new by-laws are now in effect.
- Pat motions to accept Amended Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for Berry Creek as published on the Berry Creek website. Pat recommends that the members of Berry Creek vote to approve the proposed changes to the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for Berry Creek. Don seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Vote to approve or disapprove the voting ballot for the proposed governing documents:
- Pat motions that the HOA Board accept and recommend for approval by the HOA membership the Amended Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for Berry Creek as published on the Berry Creek website. . Don seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Rick motions to adjourn at 7:06pm, Lyle seconds. All in favor, none opposed.