December 2022 Board Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
December 12, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: Pat Kennedy, Brandon Halcomb, Kathy Anderson, Sara Arens, Nancy Cooper, Scott Billings, Trevor Davenport
Approval of previous minutes: Kathy motions to accept November meeting minutes, Trevor seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Comments from guests: no guests
President’s Report/Maintenance Report:
- Fitness equipment has been serviced.
- Matt Marshall is giving us an estimate for electrical at the east entrance.
- The pecan grove and the east entrance have been cleaned up by the landscapers.
- Rugs were purchased the entrances of the clubhouse. Slipping on the clubhouse floor was a concern shared at the general meeting.
- Expenses this month included: real estate taxes, tree limb removal by Nate’s, and holiday parties ($585 for family party, $476 for adult party).
- 1 HOA 2022 due is still outstanding.
- 2023 dues were mailed out after Thanksgiving.
- Social Committee:
- Holiday parties were a success. We had about 18 kids at the family party and leftover gifts/treats were delivered to other kids in the neighborhood. Around 29 adults attended the evening party.
- Notes for next year: Include a start time on the adult invitation if there is a meal, so it does not seem like a drop in.
- Welcome Committee:
- A new family has moved in on Ashton.
- Annual Meeting on November 14th was lightly attended.
- Water Leak:
- Resident’s insurance is not going to pursue damages from the HOA.
- Lawn Care Contract
- Pinstripe has provided an estimate that is the same as 2022 ($25,000 for annual services). There may be a slight charge if the price of mulch costs more than estimated.
- If we choose to go with them again, the new contract would begin February 1, 2023.
- Pat motions to approve Pinstripe services for the next year, Trevor seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- 2023 Board Positions
- President: Nancy motions for Brandon Halcomb to be president. He accepts. All in favor, none opposed.
- Vice President: Sara motions for Trevor Davenport to be vice president. He accepts. All in favor, none opposed.
- Secretary: Nancy motions for Sara Arens to be secretary. She accepts. All in favor, none opposed.
- Treasurer: Trevor motions for Kathy Anderson to be treasurer. She accepts. All in favor, none opposed.
- Trevor motions to adjourn at 6:33pm, Kathy seconds. All in favor, none opposed.