August 2021 Board Meeting Minutes
Berry Creek HOA Board Meeting
August 9, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Berry Creek Clubhouse
Members Present: Brandon Halcomb, Nedra Segall, Nancy Cooper, Kathy Anderson, Chris Norwood, Sara Arens, Bryan Brockbank, David Carter, Pat Kennedy
Approval of previous minutes: No meeting in July. Nancy motions to approve the June meeting minutes. Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Comments from guests: No guests
President’s Report/Maintenance Report:
- David Schaller repaired the toilet paper holder in the women’s bathroom.
- The Payne County Health Department did the pool inspection. It is on file with Dennis.
- 1 pool light needs repaired when the pool is closed.
- 1 sprinkler needs repaired in the pecan grove (Garden Homes). J & Sons has been working on other sprinkler repairs. We highly recommend them.
- Annual fitness equipment maintenance and repair was done in July.
- Hansen Pest Control will treat the clubhouse on August 10.
- There is a trailer at 1410 Savannah. Brandon will visit the homeowners.
- We have received reports that the newly stained pool patio is slick when wet. We will revisit fixing it once the pool has closed for the season.
- Powell Tree came out and trimmed the trees in the pecan grove (Garden Homes).
- The bag worms were sprayed in the pecan grove and along 19th.
- Monthly Financial Summary was shared. Expenses included normal bills, sprinkler repair, and bagworm treatment.
- Social Committee: no report
- Welcome Committee: New residents were visited on Ashton, Cypress Mill, and Montera.
Old Business: none
- Clubhouse door lock:
- The clubhouse lock keypad was replaced with the same brand, but the quality is poor and is already not working. There are not any other options of similar locks.
- Cooper Locksmith recommends using Trilogy Wireless Control. This requires a clubhouse computer and wireless system. This system also has the potential to upgrade pool lock in the future. The lock costs include: $1950 for the system, $200 for instillation, $400-$500 for computer. $40/year for remote PC Software, and Security System only wi-fi for $60/month. The 2021 Capital Expenses included $3900 for lock upgrade.
- Pat motions to purchase the Trilogy Wireless Control lock and required equipment. Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
- Clubhouse folding chairs:
- The clubhouse is in need of more folding chairs that match the sets we already have. We want to buy 12-16 more padded chairs.
- Sara motions to purchase additional folding chairs for the clubhouse. Nedra seconds. All in favor, none opposed.
Adjourn: Bryan motions to adjourn at 6:49pm. Sara seconds. All in favor, none opposed.